Frequently Asked Questions | International Academic Community

My University requires me to study some subjects abroad. Can I do it at UBA?

Yes. Either because your University requires it or because you are interested in it and have the authorization of your University, you can take some courses at the University of Buenos Aires for one or two semesters. For this, you have to get in touch with the International Relations area of the Faculty you are interested in so that they can advise you with the registration process and the documentation you need.
To contact the Faculties, visit this link

I am a foreigner who has just finished high school and I want to study a degree course in Argentina. What documents do I need to be able to register in the UBA?

To enter an undergraduate program at the University of Buenos Aires, you do not have to take an entrance exam. You must enroll in the Ciclo Básico Común -Common Basic Course-, corresponding to the first year at UBA courses.

If you are a foreigner and you already have a Permanent, or Temporary Residence or have not yet regularized your immigration status, you must submit the following documentation before the registration process starts:

• Certificate of secondary level studies apostilled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country and validated by the Ministerio de Educación -Ministry of Education- of Argentina
• Document or passport of your country
• 1 4x4 (standard passport size) photo
• Accreditation of the minimum level of Spanish
• All documentation must be presented at Ciudad Universitaria (Pabellón III, Ground Floor Subsecretaría de Planificación from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm) during the registration dates established by the CBC.

If you are a foreign member of diplomatic missions, in order to register you must present the following documentation:

• Registration request signed by the highest authority of the diplomatic representation on which you depend, certified by the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, Comercio Internacional y Culto -Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship- before March 31 of each year
• Diplomatic passport. In case of being a direct relative, documentation proving degree of kinship
• Certificate of completion of secondary school duly legalized

Bear in mind that the degree courses at the UBA are free of charge. You will only have to pay what corresponds to administrative expenses.


I started my career in a foreign university but I want to continue my studies in the UBA. What are the procedures?

You have to request a Pase de Universidad -University Transfer-. To obtain information on the necessary documentation, you must contact the Oficina de Pases de la Dirección de Títulos y Planes at UBA:

Dirección de Títulos y Planes
Oficina de Pases
Opening hours: 9am to 4pm.
Pte. J. E. Uriburu 950, PB, oficina 6.
Telephone: (+5411) 5285-6182 / 5285-6180

Bear in mind that the maximum number of subjects to be recognized is 50%. If this limit is exceeded, you will have to be taken some of the subjects again at this University.

I have taken an undergraduate course abroad and I want to do a postgraduate degree at UBA. How can I register?

You have to directly contact the Graduate area of the Faculty that teaches the course you want to take to be informed on the registration process, cost and course schedule.
Information on graduate courses


My Spanish is not very good and I want to improve it. What does UBA offer?

Some Schools  of the University of Buenos Aires offer Spanish courses for foreigners, as well as other language courses. For more information, please contact:

University Language Centre –Centro Universitario de Idiomas– School of Agronomy
Address: Junín 222 – Autonomous City of Buenos Aires
Telephone: +54 (11) 5352-8000

Laboratorio de Idiomas –Language Laboratory- School of Philosophy and Humanities
Address: 25 de Mayo 221- Capital Federal
Telephone: +54 (11) 4343-5981 / 1196

School of Foreign Languages -Centro de Lenguas Extranjeras- School of Social Sciences
Marcelo T. de Alvear 2230, 5º piso, oficina 508- Autonomous City of Buenos Aires
Telephone: +54 (11) 4508-3825

I graduated abroad and I want to validate my professional degree in Argentina. How can I do it?

If there are specific agreements for homologation of degrees between Argentina and the country of origin of the university that issued your degree, you must start the validation process in the Ministry of Education.

If there is no agreement, you can choose the University of Buenos Aires to complete the university degree revalidation process. For this option, you have to contact the Oficina de
Reválidas de la Dirección de Títulos y Planes:

Dirección de Títulos y Planes
Oficina de Reválidas
Pte. Uriburu 950 Ground Floor Office 2, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Telephone: +54 (11) 4508-3624 extension 106


Do I need a visa to enter the country? What are the procedures?

The immigration procedures vary according to two factors: a) the duration of your stay in Argentina and b) your country of origin or permanent residence

a) 1. If you enter the country as a foreign student to take one or two semesters, either through an exchange program or through a "free" exchange program, you must contact the Academic Unit at which you will be studying for all the necessary information.
2. If you come to complete a full career, you should check the following link
b) To know if you need a visa, depending on your country of origin or permanent residence, follow this link

For more information you can check these links: