Study Abroad Program | Frequently Asked Questions

Can a student apply for the Study Abroad program individually?

No, the students must apply through the study abroad office (university) or college professor.

How do I book a program?

Contact your Study Abroad office or office of international affairs.

Is the SA program open for participants from all over the world?

Yes, all our programs are open for participants from all around the world.

Is it possible to apply for a scholarship for the Study Abroad program?

We do not currently have a scholarship program in place.

Can I study for a semester at UBA?

You can apply for an exchange program, a scholarship or do the mobility through an exchange agreement between Institutions. Please, contact the office of International Affairs of the corresponding Faculty

I am a foreigner who has just finished high school and I want to Study a degree course in Argentina. What documents do I need to be able to register in the UBA?

To start an undergraduate program at the University of Buenos Aires, you do not have to take an entrance exam. You must enroll in the Ciclo Básico Común -Common Basic Course-, which constitutes the first year of study for undergraduate courses at UBA.

If you are a foreigner and you already have a Permanent or Temporary Residence or have not yet regularized your immigration status, you must submit the following documentation before the registration process starts:
  • Certificate of secondary level studies legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your home country and validated by the Ministerio de Educación -Ministry of Education- of Argentina
  • Document or passport of your country
  • One 4x4 (standard passport size) photo
  • Certification of the minimum level of Spanish required
  • All documentation must be presented at Ciudad Universitaria (Pabellón III, Ground Floor Subsecretaría de Planificación from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm) during the registration dates established by the CBC.

If you are a foreign member of diplomatic missions, in order to register you must submit the following documentation:
  • Registration request signed by the highest authority of the diplomatic representation you belong to, certified by the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, Comercio Internacional y Culto -Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Commerce and Worship- before March 31st  every year
  • Diplomatic passport. In case of being a direct relative, documentation proving degree of kinship
  • Certificate of secondary level studies duly legalized
Please note that undergraduate courses at UBA are free of charge. Administrative fees may apply.

I have taken an undergraduate course abroad and I want to do a postgraduate degree at UBA. How can I register?

You have to contact the Postgraduate area of the School that teaches the course you are interested in to find out about the registration process, fees and schedules. Information on postgraduate courses

Do I need a Visa to enter the country?

The immigration procedures vary according to two factors: a) the duration of your stay in Argentina and b) your country of origin or permanent residence
a) 1. If you enter the country as a foreign student to take one or two semesters, either through an exchange program or a "free" exchange program, you must contact the Academic Unit  you will be studying at to request the necessary information.
2. If you are considering a full course, you should check the following link

b) To find out if you need a visa, depending on your country of origin or permanent residence, follow this link

For more information you can check these links:

My University requires me to study some subjects abroad. Can I do it at UBA?

Yes. Either because it is a requirement at your University or because you are interested in doing a stay abroad, and you have your University’s consent, you can take some courses at the University of Buenos Aires for one or two semesters. To do so, you have to get in touch with the International Relations area of the School you are interested in so that they can provide information regarding the registration process and the documentation you need.
To contact the Schools, visit this link